HBY SEAMOSS BENEFITS
Do you know you can eat sea moss and change your life? Are you aware of how sea moss can be beneficial for you? Probably not! Studies have revealed that sea moss has multiple benefits for our mind and body.
Sea moss benefits are not limited only to the body but your mind as well. From weight loss to fresh skin, sea moss has got it all covered.
Besides this, sea moss is being used in medicines to cure disease and has been proven to be effective in the treatment of Parkinson’s disease. Interesting right? But how can we use sea moss at our homes to gain benefits and what does it do? Keep reading to know-how! 😉
Before heading to the uses of sea moss one must be aware of what it actually is? Therefore, we’ve answered this question for you!
What is sea moss?
Sea moss, also known as Irish moss or red algae, grows in the oceans and works wonders for us humans. This is because it is full of Protien, magnesium, calcium and lots of fiber.
Scientifically known as Chondrus Crispus, this Irish moss holds magical anti-inflammatory properties. Sea moss grows on rocks in the ocean up to 5-7 inches and is packed with minerals.
Sea moss has been used as an additive in food for ages. People have enjoyed the wide range of positive effects it has on the mind and body and it is back in the health trends of 2020.
People from all over the world are using it in their food and praising the positive results. But, before heading towards the ways you can eat it you should know why! Do you want to know What benefits does Seamoss have? Here they are!
1) Promotes regular thyroid function- The thyroid is a gland found in the neck below the adams apple. This gland secretes hormones known as triiodothyronine (T3) and Thyroxine (T4). These hormones are known as T3 and T4 based on the atoms of iodine per molecule. T3= 3 iodine atoms per molecule, T4= 4 iodine atoms per molecule. These hormones have effects on the majority of the body's tissues and increase BMR (basal metabolic rate). Here are just a few examples of what the thyroid is responsible for:
Increases blood flow by directly increasing the rate and strength of the heartbeat.
Increases the growth rate of the developing brain cells in the fetus.
Increases the growth rate of young children.
Plays a major roll in thought patterns, sexual function, and sleep.
Regulates central and peripheral nervous system function.
Regulates menstrual cycle.
Controls cholesterol levels.
The most common cause of thyroid abnormalities is iodine deficiency. Iodine is one of the many minerals found abundantly in Seamoss. By consuming Seamoss regularly, you are directly feeding the thyroid.
2) Improves metabolism- What we refer to as our metabolism is really the process of chemical transformation that occurs within our cells. After food is consumed, our metabolism is responsible for 3 functions.
Converting food into energy for cellular functions
Converting food into building and recovery elements for cells
Discarding waste after enough food has been processed for the above mentioned conversions
3) Improves circulation- Filters out germs and other bacteria during blood circulation
4) Boosts immune function- Seamoss is known to have antiviral, antibacterial, anticoagulant, and antimicrobial properties.
5) Promotes digestive regularity- Seamoss is known to ease many digestive issues such as indigestion, gastritis, ulcers, and constipation. It is said due to the jelly- like consistency of sea moss, it can provide relief to all inflamed mucus membranes by coating the intestinal wall and at the same time pulling toxins out of the body.
6) Suppresses appetite- Seamoss is a great appetite suppressant due to its high concentration of minerals and its nutrient density. Most of us experience the uncomfortable sensations in our stomach when we have not consumed anything for a period of time. This discomfort may be coupled with weakness and cravings. This is the feeling that we know as hunger. Today we have many companies that create products to assist in the regulation and suppression of this hunger. Do your due diligence in researching what works best for you should you go that route. However, for the people that are looking to suppress their appetite in a more natural and healthier way, sea moss should be considered. When you process sea moss into gel form, it is easy to add as an ingredient with other foods and drinks. Due to its jelly-like consistency, when sea moss is consumed it passes through the intestines and soothes any inflammation as well as remove any toxins. Sea moss consumed regularly will help to eliminate cravings and as a result, bring the body back to its natural weight based on your level of activity and nutrition.
7) Promotes healthy sexual function- Due to the generous amount of zinc and other minerals that are vital for reproductive function and health, sea moss is great for anyone who desires an increased sex drive. Because of its anti-inflammatory properties, sea moss promotes circulation throughout the entire body especially our reproductive organs. For male readers who are experiencing difficulty with sex related drive, stamina, erection, and other abnormalities, then you should consider consuming sea moss regularly. For female readers who are experiencing a lack in desire, painful sexual experience due to dryness, feminine irritation, and anything else related to this particular topic, then a regular dose of sea moss may improve this situation.
8) Rich in vitamins and minerals- Seamoss is loaded with nutrients that are vital to the human body such as bromine, sulfur, calcium, iodine, magnesium, phosphorus, manganese, potassium, beta-carotene, selenium, protein, pectin, zinc, vitamin-C and B-vitamins just to name a few.
9) Recovery- Seamoss provides relief from muscle and joint pain. Whether you are a professional athlete, fitness enthusiast, or perform any kind of heavy lifting at work, sea moss can help replace the minerals that you deplete the body of when performing these activities.
10) Skin- Used topically as a skin and hair toner and nourisher.
aside from internal consumption, sea moss can be applied directly to the skin. It works great on sunburn, dermatitis, psoriasis, and eczema. The best application we have discovered is what we call “The Sea Moss Soak”. To perform this soak you simply fill up your bath tub with water and add the sea moss gel.
11) Protects from radiations- Are you aware of radiation poisoning? Cancer patients undergoing radiotherapy may suffer from it. The toxins produced due to radiations are absorbed by the Sea moss and expelled from the body. The Effects of High amount of Iodine and Zinc Greatly diminishes the effects of radiation poisoning. (High strength Iodine pills) It's what they give to military personnel when they have Been under a EMP (electromagnetic pulse) attack. Which causes radiation poisoning.
It also reduces the side effects of chemotherapy.
12) Good for the mind- Potassium is important for the proper maintenance of the mental and emotional wellbeing of a human. On the contrary, its deficiency causes anxiety issues, irritation, and depression.
Potassium is not produced inside our bodies. Therefore, we need it from outside sources. Irish Sea moss being rich in potassium is an ideal component in the diet to avoid anxiety and depression.
Not only depression but also mood enhancing is something sea moss excels at.
Use of sea moss:
Once you have your sea moss prepared according to the method given above, you can use it in your meals to enjoy all its pros. It can be used in drinks, smoothie, ice-cream, desserts, as a dressing, in sauces and as a thickening ingredient in dishes.
Sea moss drink
You can enjoy sea moss in your drinks and smoothies. All you have to do is add them in your favorite smoothie recipe and take a sip.
Add some nut milk, a banana or two, some sea moss gel, ice, maple or agave, and vanilla extract to create a perfect blend to give a treat to your taste buds and health to your body.
Wondering what sea moss drink is good for? Sea moss drink is the best when the flu season arrives. Most importantly, it also works best as an immunity booster.
During chest infections and chronic coughing, this drink acts as a cough syrup soothing the irritated throat and absorbing extra mucus.
Additionally, the antiviral and antibacterial effect is what makes the moss drink best of all.
Sea moss gel
Sea moss is not only beneficial when eaten but also when applied on the skin. Additionally, seaweed gel for hair has been the best remedy for women to promote healthy hair growth.
It is full of cell rejuvenating components and helps to repair broken and inflamed skin and strengthens the strands of hair.
The nutrient-rich sea moss gel is just what you require. You can apply it directly over your skin or use it as an ingredient in skin and hair masks. As a result, you’ll see a noticeable difference. Try it and see the difference yourself!
Does Not Contain: Sodium Lauryl Sulfate (SLS) - Chemical Preservatives - Dye and Color-Additives - Synthetic Chemicals - Artificial Fragrances - Petrochemicals - Animal Oils - Mineral Oils - Parabens - Alcohols - BPAs
Safe For: Pregnant/Breastfeeding Woman; Daily/Weekly Use . Your health is your wealth, so you must always invest wisely.